The Well-being Know-how Center of Eastern Finland
- The Well-being Power Plant of Eastern Finland (VOIMALA) is a multi-sector ecosystem of well-being.
- The job of the network of collaboration is to develop well-being services utilizing culture, and related multi-professional know-how.
- A central goal is to advance the use of art and culturally-oriented methods as a part of social and health services.
- The collaboration supports the well-being, health and social involvement of the clients and the employees.
- VOIMALA reinforces cooperation between R&D, education, work life and businesses. Voimala collaborates with the municipalities of the region.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Children and families
- Youth in danger of marginalization
- Drug and mental rehabilitation
- Ethnic minorities
- Elderly people
RENEWER OF WORK-LIFE AND EDUCATION
- Voimala vision 2020: a new way to operate.
- Combining bravely know-how from different fields: establishing know-how of art and culture as a part of social and healthcare education, activity and leadership, and on the other hand joining elements of social and health sectors into the education of cultural
- Collaboration between different fields in education and work-life creates new multi-professional know-how and a new kind of operational culture.
- Joint development as a starting point.
- Experience and know-how have been acquired by the TAKUULLA (Certainly) projects, which have introduced music and dance to maternity clinics, kindergartens, schools, hospitals, associations, service entres etc.
- The steps/criteria of cultural well-being help the service providers and buyers and those responsible for the content and quality criteria to speak the same language.
- Step 4 is in the core of VOIMALA work: collaboration between different fields in education and work-life.
STEPS OF CULTURAL WELL-BEING
WHY DOES THE NEW WAY OF WORKING PAY OFF?
- Work can be made more meaningful and interaction skills needed in work life can be increased by creativity and memorability.
- The possibility of employees to utilize their cultural interest increases well-being and thriving at work and brings joy to the job.
- From the point of view of the employer, client satisfaction increases, sick leaves diminish, and productivity of work increases.
PROCEDURES OF CARRYING OUT THE VISION
Regional point of view
- Cultural well-being into the central strategies and documents of the region
- A responsible party for the development and coordination of cultural well-being
- Multi-professional models of collaboration and flexible paths of study which cross different disciplines and levels of study
- Strengthening collaboration between education and work life
Goals of work life
- Increasing understanding of the well-being effects of art and culture and the significance of collaboration between different professions to work life
- Additional training for employees -> more capable workers, better work motivation, better work results