Towards a multi-professional operational culture
The Well-being Power Plant of Eastern Finland (VOIMALA) is an ecosystem of well-being from Eastern Finland.
The job of the network of collaboration is to develop well-being services utilizing culture, and related multi-professional knowhow and new business models.
Why does the new way of working pay off?
- Work can be made more meaningful and interaction skills needed in work life can be increased by creativity and memorability.
- The possibility of employees to utilize their cultural interest increases well-being and thriving at work and brings joy to the job.
- From the point of view of the employer, client satisfaction increases, sick leaves diminish, and productivity of work increases.
Steps of cultural well-being
Utilization of art and culture in the development of work life and education is fragmentary and unstructured, so it is necessary to have the steps/criteria of cultural well-being by which those providing and buying the services, or those responsible for the content and quality criteria may understand each other.
Different steps are important, but the most important one in education and future work life is step 4: Collaboration between different fields in education and work life. This step develops new know-how, the “hybrid” professions and job descriptions of the future, and a new kind of rehabilitating art pedagogics utilizing knowhow of art and culture.
- Well-being Power Plant of Eastern Finland (VOIMALA) is a pioneer in renewing education and work life.
- In 2018–2020 emphasis is on developing collaboration between social, health, well-being and cultural fields.
- A central goal is to advance the use of art and cultural oriented methods as a part of the social and health services.
- Joining together know-how from different fields, “cross pollination”.
- Utilizing personal interests → professional well-being and longer careers.
Emphasis on the collaboration between social, health, well-being, and cultural fields 2018–2020
Procedures of carrying out the vision
Regional point of view
- Cultural well-being into the central strategies and documents of the region
- A responsible party for the development and coordination of cultural well-being
- Multi-professional models of collaboration and flexible paths of study which cross different disciplines and levels of study
- Strengthening collaboration between education and work life
Goals of work life
- Increasing understanding of the well-being effects of art and culture and the significance of collaboration between different professions to work life
- Additional training for employees → more capable workers, better work motivation, better work results