The Well-being Know-how Center of Eastern Finland
- The Well-being Power Plant develops comprehensive well-being services, advances the know-how related to these services, and strengthens the collaboration between research and development as well as education and work-life.
- Emphasis is on the collaboration between social, health, cultural, educational, child- and youth-work sectors.
- At the background of the network of collaboration is the need to increase the overall well-being of the inhabitants of the area and to take care of the strength and availability of competent work-force in the region.
- The activity is based on adopting a comprehensive, systemic mindset.
- Social and healthcare professionals with integrated training are able to respond to the service needs of the future even better.
- An important goal of the Voimala Consortium is social involvement; enhancement of pervasive well-being and its development in a network of several collaborators.
RENEWER OF WORK-LIFE AND EDUCATION
- Voimala vision 2020: a new way to operate.
- Collaboration between different fields in education and work-life creates new multi-professional know-how and a new kind of operational culture.
- Combining bravely know-how from different fields: establishing know-how of art and culture as a part of social and healthcare education, activity and leadership, and on the other hand joining elements of social and health sectors into the education of cultural fields.
THE WELL-BEING POWER PLANT (VOIMALA) AS A RENEWER OF EDUCATION
- Joint development as a starting point.
- Experience and know-how have been acquired by the TAKUULLA (Certainly) projects, which have introduced music and dance to maternity clinics, kindergartens, schools, hospitals, associations, service entres etc.
- The steps/criteria of cultural well-being help the service providers and buyers and those responsible for the content and quality criteria to speak the same language.
- Step 4 is in the core of VOIMALA work: collaboration between different fields in education and work-life.
STEPS OF CULTURAL WELL-BEING
COMPREHENSIVE WELL-BEING THROUGH MULTI-SECTORAL KNOW-HOW
- It is a matter of changing the operational culture.
- Instead of sectoral mindset a common view of comprehensive well-being is needed so that cultural know-how is integrated as an organic part of the education, activity and management of social and health services.
- Along with this. a demand for multi-sectoral well-being services will be created, as well as for a new way of working according to vision 2020.
VISION 2025: AN ECOSYSTEM OF MULTI-SECTORAL WELL-BEING KNOW-HOW
- The Well-being Power Plant of Eastern Finland will be an internationally recognized ecosystem of multi-sectoral well-being know-how in 2025.
- The ecosystem of well-being implies structural and operational intertwining of apparently separate fields.
- It is a matter of social change: a new way of thinking, a new operational culture, renewed education and work-life, collaborative development.
WHY DOES THE NEW WAY OF WORKING PAY OFF?
- Work can be made more meaningful and interaction skills needed in work life can be increased by creativity and memorability.
- The possibility of employees to utilize their cultural interest increases well-being and thriving at work and brings joy to the job.
- From the point of view of the employer, client satisfaction increases, sick leaves diminish, and productivity of work increases.